About this privacy notice
For the purposes of data protection law, we are a data controller in respect of your personal data. Trinity Investment Partners
is responsible for ensuring that it uses any personal data provided by you in compliance with data protection law.
This privacy notice applies if you are an existing client or a prospective client. This privacy notice sets out the basis on
which any personal data that you provide to us, that we create, or that we obtain about you from other sources, will be processed by us. Please take the time to read and understand this privacy
Personal data that we collect about you
We will collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide to us: This includes information about you that you give us by filling in forms or by communicating with us, whether face-to-face, by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This information may
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number, any financial information and other information provided by you in
connection with: (i) any due diligence, (ii) a prospective investment in any funds advised by us, (iii) completing any forms or other materials sent by or on behalf of us to you in relation to any
prospective investment or investment made, (iv) any ongoing communications with us regarding any prospective investment or investment made, or (v) any related matters.
- Information we collect or generate about you. This includes:
- Information in any client relationship management notes, any telephone conversations (whether recorded or not), meetings,
information you provide to us in the completion of any documentation, the use of our website, by email or at any conferences, meetings or other events.
- Information we obtain from other sources.
- information received from any distributor, placement agent, custodian, fund of funds or management or other company acting on
Uses of your personal data
Your personal data may be stored and processed by Trinity Investment Partners in the following ways and for the following
- Sending you information in relation to the funds we act as investment advisor for, facilitating an assessment of your
eligibility to invest, processing any subscription, redemption, withdrawal, exchange or transfer request, communicating with any third parties you may ask us to communicate with.
We are entitled to use your personal data in these ways:
- In order to perform the obligations set out in any subscription, redemption or withdrawal, exchange or transfer request (a
contract between you as the data subject and the fund we act as investment advisor for as data controller);
- The use of your personal data as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests (or the legitimate interests of
one or more of our affiliates), such as maintenance of client records and communicating with clients in relation to funds we act as investment advisor for that clients or prospective clients have
expressed an interest in; and
- In order for us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal
rights or for the purpose of any legal proceedings.
Disclosure of your information to third parties
- We may disclose your personal data to our affiliates in order for us to discharge our obligations, and/or in order for us to
communicate effectively between related parts of our business.
We will take steps to ensure that personal data is accessed only by staff that have a need to do so for the purposes described
in this notice.
We may also share your personal data outside of Trinity Investment Partners and our affiliates:
- To third party agents or contractors (for example, the providers of our electronic data storage services) for the purpose of
providing services to us. These third parties will be subject to confidentiality requirements and they will only use your personal data as described in this privacy notice; and
- To the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any
legal obligation, establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Transfers of personal data outside the European Economic Area
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic
Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA who work for our affiliates or for one of our third party agents or contractors.
Where we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will ensure that it is protected in a manner that is consistent with
how your personal data will be protected by us in the EEA. This can be done in a number of ways, for example:
- the country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission;
- the recipient might have signed up to a contract based on "model contractual clauses" approved by the European Commission,
obliging them to protect your personal data; or
- where the recipient is located in the US, it might be a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield
Retention of personal data
How long we hold your personal data for will vary. The retention period will be determined by various criteria
- the purpose for which we are using it - we will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose;
- legal obligations - laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your personal
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. These rights
- the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your personal data and access to the personal data which we hold
- the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time. However, please note that we may still
be entitled to process your personal data if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so;
- in some circumstances, the right to receive some personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
and/or request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to personal data which you have provided to
- the right to request that we rectify your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances. However, please note that there may be
circumstances in which you ask us to erase your personal data but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- the right to object to, and the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain
circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your personal data but we are legally entitled to either continue processing your
personal data and / or to refuse that request; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator (details of which are provided below) if you think that any
of your rights have been infringed by us.
If you would like further information on the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of your personal data or the
exercise of any of the rights listed above, please send your query to your usual Trinity Investment Partners contact or email firstname.lastname@example.org